Christie Quinn is a Portland local actress, singer, teacher and paralegal. She graduated from Presbyterian University with a bachelor’s degree. And has a secondary education teaching certificate as well. She has taught English to students of all ages in the United States and adults in Prague.
She has also performed in several musicals in the Portland area and South Carolina. She has been learning piano since she was 6 years old. She considers art to be an integral part of life. When she’s not acting or teaching, she runs Bookmobile Babe, a non-profit organization dedicated to literacy. Christie’s favorite dessert is strawberry shortcake. When she was a child, she wanted to be a ballerina when she grew up. Her favorite color is purple.
- What age were you when you first started taking music lessons?
I was six years old when I started taking piano lessons.
- Tell us about an early music lessons experience that helped shape you as a musician or teacher:
An early music lesson experience I had that helped shape me as a teacher was practicing duets with my favorite piano teacher Ms. Myer and performing them at recitals. It was special to perform with her.
- What are your favorite bands or musicians?
My favorite musician is Prince, and my favorite band is Chromeo.
- Do you have a highlight of your music career so far that you would like to share?
I was asked to play piano for a film noir type show over Zoom recently that will be distributed to nursing homes.
- Describe your ideal student.
My ideal student is enthusiastic about learning and growing as a musician and a person.
- Describe what your students should expect in their first few music lessons with you:
My students should expect to have fun with me in their first few piano lessons. They should also expect to walk away knowing how to play a few new songs on the piano that they didn’t know before they came to me.
- Why did you want to become a music teacher?
I wanted to become a music teacher in order to make a positive impact on young people and to spread my love of music to them!