Confident Voice Studio is hiring a Voice & Piano Teacher!
We are a young and growing business. We need your help to make sure that our clients are getting a fun and quality learning experience.
Our ideal teacher finds meaning in, and cares deeply about, their work. We are looking for someone to help us make sure that we are setting our students up for success.
Who We’re Looking For:
- Do you want to positively impact other musicians?
- Are you eager to help others reach their goals and become their best?
- Are you looking for an opportunity to grow your income?
Our local, award winning music studio is hiring an instructor to join our team.
And we love our teachers and make them a priority. Our teacher experience a number of benefits not available at other schools:
Consistent Monthly Income
Our teachers are paid the same amount every month. If we’re closed for a few weeks (like for Christmas or Spring Break) you’re making the same that month as every other. We don’t penalize you for holidays or studio breaks.
Paid Time Off
Our teachers receive 16 weeks paid time off every year. We even pay for recitals and other non-teaching events.
You’ll never have to worry about scheduling or teaching makeups. Never.
Bright, Equipped Teaching Rooms
Our teaching rooms are bright with natural sunlight, include beautiful digital pianos, Bluetooth speakers, and iPads so you can use technology (including our complimentary Piano Maestro subscription) to support your students.
We have method books and supplementary repertoire for piano, voice, ukulele, preschool piano, and more you can use to find new pieces for students or for your own practicing fun.
No Marketing, Selling, Policy, Scheduling or Billing Hassles
Our office team handles marketing, selling, and billing hassles so you don’t have to. Clients book using our online scheduler that has your availability so you never have to do the back and forth email thing to find a time that works for them.
This is a great position for talented musicians who want part-time work and who love teaching.
Qualifications and Skills
- Previous experience teaching at university or independently.
- Past and current performing experience
- Ability and interest in teaching piano to all ages (preschool to adult) with our training and support
- Ability and interest in teaching voice to all ages (preschool to adult) with our training and support
- Kind and patient teacher
- Reliable transportation
- Tech savvy open to teaching online lessons with training from us
- Open to teaching small group lessons with our training and support
- Willingness to keep accurate records. (We use a studio management software to track attendance and support our students with lesson notes.)
- Work well with kids, teens and adults. (Background check required)
- Friendly personality
- Available 2-4 days a week ideally (Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays 2:00 – 8pm and Saturdays from 10-3pm)
- Desktop/Laptop/Tablet and Smartphone with reliable internet a must
- Ability to teach multiple instruments a plus. If you could/have taught beginner piano, guitar or ukulele, please let us know.
Bachelors or Masters degree in Voice Performance, Piano Performance, Music Ed or related is a plus. A college degree in music is NOT required. We want musicians with real world performance and teaching experience who love teaching.
- You believe “early is on time.” You like arriving a few minutes before your first lesson day starts to get settled in, review lesson notes, and be ready to change lives.
- You like respond to emails or texts within 24 hours (unless you’re traveling or the road)
- You are honest, even when the truth might hurt someone’s feelings.
- You love to learn and are always looking for more ways to help your clients to learn
- You like the idea of being on a team of committed, passionate music educators. You’re not a “lone wolf”
- You’ve been told you have a great sense of humor and you love to laugh
- You’re motivated to improve, interested in personal development and growth mindset
- People would describe you as a optimistic and positive person
- You’re friendly in person, on the phone and by email/text
- You have great personal hygiene
- You love to teach ( not just doing it because you couldn’t “make it” as a pro)
We’ll reach out by email about next steps. Make sure you check your SPAM or Junk folder for our message.