Confident Voice Studio is hiring Voice Teachers!
We are a growing music school and we need your help to make sure that our clients are getting a fun and quality music education experience.
Our ideal teacher finds meaning in, and cares deeply about, their work. We are looking for someone to help us make sure that we are setting our students up for success in music, and in life.
Who We’re Looking For:
- Do you want to positively impact other musicians?
- Are you eager to help others reach their goals and become their best?
- Are you looking for an opportunity to grow your income?
Our local, award winning music studio is hiring instructors to join our team.
And we love our teachers and make them a priority. Our teachers experience a number of benefits not available at other schools:
Consistent Monthly Income
Our teachers are paid the same amount every month for teaching their student. If we’re closed for a few weeks (like for Christmas or Spring Break) you’re making the same income that month as every other. We don’t penalize you for holidays or studio breaks. These teaching positions are part-time, employee positions (W2)
No Make Up Lessons
Forget the back and forth nonsense of trying to reschedule lessons when you or a student can’t make their scheduled lesson time.
Paid Time Off
Our teachers receive 13-16 weeks paid time off every year. This includes 3 flex weeks you can miss lessons for an emergency, illness, jury duty or whatever.
Bright, Equipped Teaching Rooms
Our teaching rooms are bright, include beautiful Yamaha digital pianos, Bluetooth speakers, and iPads so you can use technology (including the hundreds of apps we’ve purchased) to support your students.
We have books and supplementary repertoire for piano, voice, ukulele, preschool piano, and more you can use to find new pieces for students, to develop your own skills, or for your own practicing fun.
No Marketing, Selling, Policy, Scheduling or Billing Hassles
Our office team handles marketing, selling, and billing hassles so you don’t have to. Clients book using our online scheduler that has your availability so you never have to do the back and forth email thing to find a time that works for them.
This is a great position for talented musicians who want part-time work and who love teaching.
Qualifications and Skills
- Previous experience teaching voice
- More experience with teaching CCM styles versus Classical
- Experience with teaching vocal technique and coaching songs
- Past and current performing experience
- Ability and interest in teaching voice to all ages (preschool to adult)
- Ability and interest in teaching small group classes as well as private lessons
- Friendly, kind and patient teacher
- Reliable transportation
- Tech savvy and open to teaching online lessons with training from us
- Willingness to keep accurate records. (We use MyMusicStaff to track attendance and support our students with lesson notes and online resources.)
- Work well with kids, teens and adults. (Background check required)
- Loves finding new ways and resources to address client challenges
- Desktop/Laptop/Tablet with reliable internet and Smartphone a must
- Ability to teach multiple instruments a plus. If you could/have taught beginner piano, guitar or ukulele, please let us know.
A college degree in music is NOT required. We want musicians with real world performance and teaching experience who love teaching.
- You believe “early is on time.” You like arriving a few minutes before your first lesson of the day starts to get settled in, review lesson notes, and be ready to change lives.
- You respond to all emails or texts within 24 hours (unless you’re traveling or the road)
- You are honest, even when the truth might hurt someone’s feelings.
- You love to learn and are always looking for more ways to help your clients to learn
- You like the idea of being on a team of committed, passionate music educators. You’re not a “lone wolf.”
- You’ve been told you have a great sense of humor and you love to laugh
- You’re motivated to improve, interested in personal development and growth mindset
- People would describe you as a optimistic and positive person
- You’re friendly in person, on the phone and by email/text
- You have great personal hygiene
- You love to teach (not just doing it because you couldn’t “make it” as a pro)
If this position sounds like something at which you would excel and have passion for, complete this form to declare your interest. (or paste this link into your web browser https://forms.gle/8GqHD8UmMGrYussNA)
We’ll reach out by email about next steps. Make sure you check your SPAM or Junk folder for our message.