Possibly The Coolest Part Time Marketing Internship Job Ever
How ‘bout we skip right ahead to the center of the tootsie-pop?
Our small business is located in Portland, OR. We are biased — but we are pretty sure we are the coolest place to work for, ever. And we really believe that we are changing the world (you will see what we mean when you check out our website!). Honestly, the job is not all roses and puppy dogs — there is some good news and there is some bad news.
Let’s get the bad news out of the way first:
• The pay stinks. Meaning, there isn’t any. This is an unpaid internship with lots of real work experience, training, and coaching. It will follow the US regulations for unpaid internships. You can attend as many music classes as you want and you’ll also get feedback on your interviewing skills, your resume, and we’ll write you a letter of recommendation at the end plus help you add the position to your resume.
If you are seeking a job to support a household then this is no longer the ”coolest” ever, it is now the worst ever.
• Review point 1.
Now let’s talk about the good stuff:
Did you hate music lessons as a kid?
Help us change music lessons for Confident Voice Studio kids (and adults)!
What you’ll do:
- Help us get the word out about our programs and events via digital marketing, email, sms, social media, and more!
- Create graphics, flyers, email campaigns, online promotion, etc.
- Distribution or deliver of marketing materials via online platforms
- Preparation training materials (text, video, screenshots)
- Perform analysis of marketing and sales data
- Seek and analyze competitor marketing and sales materials
- Prepare presentations and reports
- Help us grow our following on social media
- Monitor social media for trending topics to utilize on social media channels
What you WON’T have to do:
- Get coffee
- Do unimportant work
- Collect payments
- Cold call
- Pick up dry cleaning
Some more useful info:
Our company is changing the world one musician at a time. We are on a mission to become the #1 premier place to train your voice and stage presence in Portland, Oregon. And we’re growing our online business too. You do not need to be in Portland to have this position.
The work is important and dynamic. You will be working directly for our founder/director and our assistant director and will implement marketing initiatives to attract prospective students.
We aren’t big on stress. So, while we will expect you to work efficiently and get things done, we focus on open communication and getting things done right the first go around.
You will experience things, do things, and make decisions on things that no big stuffy company would ever allow you to do. You will be able to dictate the work that you do.
Now, let’s talk about the job requirements:
- You need to be the type person who gets joy out of getting things done. You will bang out a list of stuff. Fun stuff. Important stuff. Necessary stuff.
- You will be on the computer a lot. So, an understanding of online marketing, email, navigating the web, and other computer based stuff will be necessary.
- You may be in meetings with our director or watching videos of her providing instructions a lot. So, you need to enjoying talking with people, giving/getting direction, researching how to do things, and asking questions if you don’t understand.
- You need to love writing. Creative writing, instructional writing, journalism type writing, copywriting…you gotta love writing. And your favorite thing besides writing is rewriting into the most concise clear version possible. You love proofreading, editing, and making words really speak to their audience.
- You need to be a person who loves to deliver remarkable experiences to other people. You know, you need to be someone who feels good by making other people feel good. Customer service is just who you are.
- You need to nail down the details and organized. Seriously, like Sherlock Holmes-ian love of detail. You don’t need to race through work and get things done with low quality. We need you to slow things down and get them done right.
- We want you to be meticulous in your work. If you are shy or quiet (which actually sounds perfect for us) that is totally cool. We are not looking for the life of the party…in fact, quite the opposite. We are looking for a good, fun person, who gets stuff done.
- Marketing experience is preferred. Social media and email marketing especially. Tell us about it. Experience loving music and/or taking music lessons a PLUS. Tell us about that too.
In short, your job is to help our business attract more clients. And to have fun at work (who wants a job that isn’t fun?!?). Our company is casual, but we do expect professionalism and punctuality.
But what we don’t expect is perfection for you to qualify for this job. We expect intelligence, energy, and a get it done attitude. We expect meticulous written English. We expect someone that will be resourceful and try to find their own answers whenever possible. When you have questions, you will find the answers with a quick chat message to our team.
To learn more about us, check out our website.
The position is virtual and 10-12 hours a week.
In addition to being a detailed person, you must follow systems and processes. In fact, just to prove that you are detailed oriented and can follow procedures, when you apply for this position in your cover letter/initial message you must include “I love marketing”. Yep, that’s our little trick to sort out the people who blanket send their resume to anyone and everyone, from the folks (that’s you) who are truly interested in this position. Email us at joinourteam @ confidentvoicestudio.com
We are looking to bring our new colleague on board as soon as possible, but we will spend the necessary time to find the best fit both in abilities and culturally. One thing that will give you a BIG leg up (but is optional) is to send a quick video (or a link to a video) along with your application. You don’t need a fancy set up. Just let us see your gorgeous face and don’t have your dog barking in the background. In your video tell us why you think you’re perfect for this job and why you will rock this position. This is purely for us to get a sense of your personality. And if you decide not to send a video (that’s ok), please tell us why you chose not to send in a video.