Transitions are a part of growing up. The older they get, the more complex the changes are that happen around children. As a parent, it isn’t easy to see your child go through challenging times. It’s also hard at times to avoid taking their behavior personally, but it’s important to remember that they are going through many changes and need your support.
Here are six techniques that can help your child to move through transitions easily and successfully:
1. Understand what they are going through
2. Don’t take their behavior personally
3. Let them know you are there for them
4. Help them find their support network
5. Encourage them to stay connected to hobbies and interests outside the home
6. Keep the lines of communication open
Transitions can be difficult for everyone, but especially for children. By understanding their situation and supporting them in finding their support network, you, as a parent, may help your child through these changes.