Confident Voice Studio is hiring a Piano Teacher!
We are a young and growing business. We need your help to make sure that our clients are getting a fun and quality learning experience.
Our ideal teacher finds meaning in, and cares deeply about, their work. We are looking for someone to help us make sure that we are setting our students up for success.
Who We’re Looking For:
- Do you want to positively impact other musicians?
- Are you eager to help others reach their goals and become their best?
- Are you looking for an opportunity to grow your income?
Our local music studio is hiring an instructor to teach beginning immediately. Compensation starts at $32/hr.
And our teachers get paid even if there’s a week we’re closed for a holiday or spring break plus three PTO/Flex weeks per year for your emergencies like illness or jury duty. You can budget easier because you’ll be paid the same amount each month even if your student cancels. And you’ll never have to worry about scheduling makeups if they cancel.
We have a professional (and fun) music school environment.
We handle administration, marketing and billing hassles so you don’t have to. This is a great position for talented musicians who want part-time work and who love teaching.
Qualifications and Skills
- Previous experience teaching at university or independently.
- Active professional performer
- Ability and interest in teaching all ages (3.5 to adult), classical and contemporary styles.
- Kind, professional, and filled with integrity.
- Reliable transportation
- Tech savvy open to teaching online lessons by Zoom with training or recording videos for students
- Open to teaching small group lessons with training and support
- Willingness to keep accurate records. (We use a studio management software to track attendance and support our students.)
- Work well with kids, teens and adults. (Criminal background check required)
- Outgoing personality
- Available at least one day a week between 3:00 – 7pm and/or have weekend availability
- Desktop, Laptop or Tablet and Smartphone with reliable internet
Bachelors or Masters degree in Piano Performance, Music Ed/Piano or related is a plus but a college degree in music is NOT required.
Ability to teach multiple instruments a plus.
- Intelligent and open minded
- Honest with integrity
- Confident yet humble
- Detail oriented and organized
- Great sense of humor love to laugh
- Motivated to improve, interested in personal development and growth mindset
- Friendly in person, on the phone and by email!
- Good verbal and written communicator
- Great personal hygiene
- Love to teach ( not just doing it because you couldn’t “make it” as a pro)
If this position sounds like something you would be passionate about and would excel at, complete this form (https://goo.gl/forms/ny5mKokcGucnYa6s2) to declare your interest.
We’ll reach out by email to schedule an interview. Make sure you check your SPAM or Junk folder for our message.